Well, I’m sorry that this post is so late. I had a lot to do yesterday and it just slipped my mind. However, today is the day for a story challenge, and it’s time for my favorite story challenge. I’m going to give you a series of criteria including genre, theme, some character archtypes, etc. Your job is to write a story that includes all of the features required in the challenge. If you intend to post it here, please keep it short. However, the complexity of this challenge often requires a longer story.
Theme: Work, Work, and more Work
Genre: Surreal Fiction, Modern Fiction, Realism, Fantasy, Science Fiction
Setting: A place of business. This could be a fantasy world, a surreal depiction of heaven or hell, a modern business office, etc
1) The boss!
2) The actual boss who everyone really listens too…
3) A day to day worker – the everyman
4) A flighty co-worker… who might be a cricket…
1) The office ‘water cooler’ (or whatever version of such might exist)
2) A letter opener
3) A project report (of some kind… this could be a bill of service, a lengthy report, etc)