So, I’m moving in a little over a month. I hate moving. It is, honestly, one of my least favorite things. Moving, for me, is right up there with nails on a chalk board, talking to telemarketers, and running your car into a ditch in the middle of nowhere. However, sometimes in life we have to do the things we hate. So, I’m going to be moving. This really has nothing to do with today’s exercise, I just felt like whining for a bit. Anyway, today’s exercise is a setting challenge. You’ve all done setting challenges before… unless you’re new to the blog. So, I’m going to give you a set of general guidelines, and your job is to create a setting that fits those guidelines. Within the guidelines provided you’re free to do whatever you want with your setting.
So, you’re setting guidelines:
1) Your setting must be underground.
2) Your setting must contain at least three different races, but it doesn’t have to be fantasy.
3) Your setting may not include any nations or powerful governments, but may include small settlements (think refugee camps or shanty-towns).
4) Your setting must include some form of religious or scientific artifact that is believed to hold great power and significance (whether it actually does is entirely up to you).
5) Your setting must include at least one religious group.