Well, we’re getting close to the end of the month! I would say something about ‘getting ready’, but there isn’t much in March to get ready for. So, I hope that it’s been a wonderful month for everyone! Today’s exercise is a setting challenge. You’ve all done setting challenges before… unless you’re new to the blog. So, I’m going to give you a set of general guidelines, and your job is to create a setting that fits those guidelines. Within the guidelines provided you’re free to do whatever you want with your setting.
So, you’re setting guidelines:
1) Your setting must not be larger that an apartment building.
2) Your setting may be modern, urban fantasy, or science fiction.
3) Your setting must include a character profile for someone involved in managing the building (whether this is a landlord, apartment manager, office girl, etc).
4) Your setting must include brief introductions to each floor of the building.
5) Your setting must include at least one business.