Well, it’s the end of the week again. I’ve been convinced for a while now that time is really nothing more than our best effort at measuring the process of entropy. Obviously this effort is flawed and somewhat subjective (which might explain why some months feel like days and others feel like years), but still I’m fairly certain that it is a human creation intended to measure the slow decay of the universe. I promise you, this gives that phrase ‘since the beginning of time’ a whole new meaning. Anyway, you’ve all done setting challenges before… unless you’re new to the blog. So, I’m going to give you a set of general guidelines, and your job is to create a setting that fits those guidelines. Within the guidelines provided you’re free to do whatever you want with your setting.
So, you’re setting guidelines:
1) Your setting must be somewhere that you’ve actually been (generally speaking… specifics will come later).
2) Your setting must be an idealized form of that place. Your job is to create your harmonious (or disharmonious… if you swing that way) vision of the locale.
3) Your setting must not be larger than a city. Preferably smaller (a small town or city block). Try to be specific.
4) Your setting must include a general outline of at least 20 major and minor characters that populate this locale.
5) Your setting must be somewhere that you would want to visit.