It’s Friday folks, and that means it’s time for another plot challenge. Now, I’m getting up at 4:50 this morning, so I’m going to keep this fairly short. I hope that all of you have had a wonderful week. Mine has gotten progressively better, which I’m going to take as a good thing at the moment. However, it started out ‘pretty bad’ and right now we’re only up to ‘fair to middlin’. So, I really hope that you’re week has been better than mine. Now, you’ve all done setting challenges before… unless you’re new to the blog. So, I’m going to give you a set of general guidelines, and your job is to create a setting that fits those guidelines. Within the guidelines provided you’re free to do whatever you want with your setting.
So, you’re setting guidelines:
1) Your setting must be in the stars. I’m in the mood for some science fiction/fantasy.
2) Your setting must contain at least one mystical element. This could be something real (say a race with spiritual powers) or it could be imaginary (say, a cult that believes they can see the future, even though they can’t, but still manages to come up with strangely accurate predictions).
3) Your setting must include at least two political bodies of significant size.
4) Your setting must include an armed conflict of some kind (anything from a war to a rebellion, to a conflict with a terrorist group).
5) Your setting must have some manner of dwarves. That’s right, dwarves. These could be people from a super-heavy gravity planet (perfectly sciencey and natural) or they could be from Svartlheim (not so sciencey and natural).